The terms below have the following meaning:
- Shayp: refers to Shayp SA, with its registered office located at Rue des Pères Blancs 4, 1040 in Brussels and registered under the number BE0682.631.956.
- Shayp Website: refers to www.shayp.com.
2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time or tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Shayp) are called ‘first party cookies’. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called ‘third party cookies’. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for the Shayp Website to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on the Shayp Website. For example, Shayp uses a program called HubSpot which keeps track of the pages you visit on the Shayp Website, in order to determine what portion of the Shayp Website is the most popular or most used. This data is used to deliver customised content and promotions to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Third parties serve cookies through the Shayp Website for advertising, analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
4. What types of cookies we use and how we use them
The specific types of first and third party cookies served through the Shayp Website and the purposes they perform include:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through the Shayp Website.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of the Shayp Website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how the Shayp Website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise the Shayp Website for you.
In particular, the Shayp Website uses Google Analytics to identify user sessions and to gather statistics on portions of the Shayp Website and report website trends without identifying individual visitors.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on the Shayp Website through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
5. How you can control cookies
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided below.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information or opt out of certain advertisements, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Shayp Website to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described above.
6. Other tracking technologies / web beacons
Cookies are not the only way to recognise or track visitors to a website. We employ a software technology known as a ‘web beacon’ that helps us better manage the Shayp Website and marketing mailing list by informing us what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users.
In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages or in emails. We use web beacons in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened or interacted with by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We tie the information gathered by web beacons in emails to our customers' contact information.
7. Targeted advertising
Third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through the Shayp Website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by them using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.
Shayp will never disclose technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from our Internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf, and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by law or similar obligation. Technical information will only be used by Shayp, and only for statistical purposes to help us to increase the usability and accessibility of the Shayp Website.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The nature of the Internet is such that Shayp cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk. However, we will take all reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect the transmission of and access to personal information.
10. Updates of policy
11. Further information