Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.shayp.eu.
In these General Terms and Conditions, the following terms are to be understood as:
- Shayp listed under enterprise number :
- ‘Purchaser’: any legal entity (B2B) that has or will be having a contractual relationship of whatever nature with Shayp.
- ‘Products’: the subject of one or more sales contracts, in this case – but not exclusively limited to – the water product Shayp, consisted of hardware, software, websites and webservices. Shayp is fully aware of the content of her own terms.
- ‘Privacy act’: Belgian act of 8-december-1992 for the protection of privacy in respect to the processing of personal data.
2. To which ends will my data be used?
Shayp attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and personal data. Shayp will use your data only in accordance to the Privacy act and other relevant current legal prescriptions.
First and foremost, we will use your personal data to guarantee the proper technical operation of our products. Data will be requested to this end. We can also use your personal data to provide you with informative news updates, new promotions or products of Shayp (like upgrades or updates of our energy products), important news updates, et cetera. Access to your data (sending newsletters or promotional updates) can be transferred to third parties or partners, for informative or publicity purposes. Your personal data itself will never be sold or transferred to third parties. Shayp has taken all possible legal and technical precautions to avoid unauthorized access and usage. For this reason Shayp will not be held liable for identity theft, data theft or information crime. In case of burglary into
Shayp’s IT-systems, Shayp will take all possible measures to minimize theft and/or damage.
3. Which personal data are collected?
For the application of the Privacy Act, ‘personal data’ is to be understood as every piece of information concerning an identifiable individual. ‘Identifiable’ is defined as any individual that can be identified directly (or indirectly) using an ID number or an element that is typical for his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Every individual has the right to the protection of his fundamental rights and freedom, especially for the protection of his privacy. Shayp acknowledges this right and makes great efforts to enhance this right in practice and online. The Privacy Act is only applicable to (total or partial) automated process of personal data, or in case of manual processing when personal data are written in a file.
The personal data need be processed in an honest and rightful way, obtained for precisely defined and justifiable ends. The purposes are explicitly defined in title 2. The collected data are sufficient and not collected in an excessive way.
We can also collect analytic data around the usage and installation of our website. These analytic data is often anonymous and is used only to judge the performance of our website.
4. How will the data be secured?
The data registered by the Shayp devices will be stored in an anonymous way, as much as possible and will be strictly divided from your personal data (Chinese Wall Principle). Shayp however, has the right to access personal profiles of consumption, but these profiles can not be linked to the user. The anonymity of the user is guaranteed in this way.
Only after having received your explicit permission Shayp has the right to connect the recorded data with your personal data, for means like user support. In this case, the User will be asked to identify an ID-code and pass this on to Shayp.
5. Additional protection
As an additional measure for the security and confidentiality we advice the User to use a username which doesn’t give an indication about the identity of the user. It’s also important to choose a safe password for the Shayp-login and to keep this password strictly private. The password gives access to the recorded data.
The Shayp devices should not be made accessible to third parties.
6. Will location data be stored?
The analytic data (Google Analytics for example) of Shayp do indeed show location data. Based on these data your (putative) location can be defined and displayed on a map (‘Map’). These indications (based on an IP-address) however, are far from accurate, thus largely insufficient to determine your exact location.
We use the location data not to identify you, but to guarantee the proper technical performance of the website.
7. Who is responsible for processing?
‘The responsible for processing’ is defined as any individual or legal entity that, in cooperation with others or by itself, defines the purpose and means for the processing of personal data.
Shayp is responsible for the processing. Shayp defines the purpose (title 2) and the legal and technical means for processing. Shayp however does not process the data itself; this is the work of the actual processor.
8. Who is the actual processor?
‘Processor’ is defined as the individual or legal entity who, commissioned by the ‘responsible for processing’ processes the personal data, except the individuals who, under the direct authority of the responsible for processing, are authorized to process the data.
As actual processor is indicated: [….]. The actual processor is responsible for the proper technical performance of the website (data transmission). The responsible for processing does not accept any liability for the loss or corruption of data, identity theft, data theft, viruses or trojan horses, SQL-injections or other attacks on the IT-systems or online cloud portals. The actual processor decides in an autonomous way about the best technical application to process the data, and does so from his professional expertise. The responsible for processing cannot be expected to have this same expertise and speciality.
This processor offers sufficient guarantees with respect to the technical and organizational measures of security with regard to the data that needs be processed and thus meets the requirements set by Article 16, §1 of the Privacy Act.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
The responsible for processing and/ or actual processor, has to at least provide the user with the following information, at latest on the moment at which the data are collected:
- Name and address of the responsible for processing: title 1 and 7.
- Name and address of the actual processor: title 8.
- Purposes of processing: title 2.
- Duration of the processing: We will not store your data for a period of time longer than strictly necessary. We will however keep an archive of your data, as long as your account is active, or when your personal data is necessary to be able to offer a certain service. Should you wish to stop or delete your account, please address a registered letter to Shayp.
- The existence of the right to oppose to the intended processing of your personal data on request and for fee, in case the processing is performed for the purpose of direct marketing: First and foremost Shayp collects or processes personal data to ensure the proper technical performance of Shayp and it’s website. The collected data can indeed, in case the technical and practical requirements are met, be used for marketing purposes, however: the user can oppose to this by addressing a registered letter to Shayp. Shayp therefore satisfies the foregoing provision. The software and hardware of Shayp need certain data streams, in order to guarantee a proper performance and prognosis/analysis.
Other additional information, namely: the existence of the right of access to and improvement of his own personal data: You always possess the legal right to complete, improve or delete your personal data, in whole or partially. Shayp commits to responding to your request within 15 working days following the request. A written request can be sent by mail (title 1) or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Will my data be used outside of the EU?
Shayp is a Belgian enterprise. However processing and/or transmitting of data in countries outside the EU may occur. Considering article 21 of the Privacy Act, personal data can only be transferred to countries that guarantee the same adequate level of protection, and where the same or similar provisions of the privacy act are observed. The country, duration of transmission and storage, nature of data and precise purpose are criteria that need be examined case per case.
Shayp guarantees not to process or store data in countries that cannot offer the same guarantees, except in case:
- In case the concerned has given its explicit permission;
- In case the transmission is necessary for the implementation of the agreement (between the user and Shayp);
- In case the transmission is necessary for the closure or implementation of an agreement, concluded or to be concluded in the interest of the user between the responsible for processing and a third party;
- In case the transmission is necessary or legally obligated (substantial public interest or right);
- In case the transmission happens from a public register, meant for the education of the public.